Friday 31 October 2014

A Note on Updates (or Lack Thereof)


People might have noticed a distinct lack of updates to this blog lately. In my August Round-Up, I briefly mentioned being back at school this year and that that was going to keep me very busy. Well, it's kept me far busier than I imagined. I'm in a practicum assignment on Mondays and Tuesdays. Then I have full-time classes from Wednesday to Friday. I also have to complete a couple hours of community service each week as part of the program. Of course, when I get home each day, I then have readings and assignments to attend to. It's a great program, but it's leaving me with very little time left over (and I'm also trying to earn a bit of money to live off of from part-time work as well). This all means, the blog updates have fallen way behind.

But don't worry. There will be more! They just won't be frequent for a while. When they do come, they will likely be in small bursts. For example, there will be at least two (hopefully three) new reviews up by the end of this weekend. I also have three weeks off in December, so I hope to do lots of catching up during that time. There are likely to be more reviews of programs like Doctor Who than of Pathfinder and other books (although one of this weekend's forthcoming reviews will be a Pathfinder review). This is for the simple fact that it takes less time to watch a program (even watch it twice, which is what I prefer to do when reviewing something) than it does to read an entire book.

My program ends in mid-May, at which time, I'll regain enough of a life to resume more frequent writing for this blog. In the meantime, I hope people will be patient with only occasional posting. Despite having no other posts this month, October has still managed to have the third-highest number of views ever to this blog, so I know people are still coming by. Thanks so much to everyone who reads!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you'll still be making updates. I've always looked forward to your Pathfinder stuff. Best of luck with your program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this means you won't "skip" Iron Gods like you did Skulls and Shackles. Can you briefly tell us whether you liked (or not) the Who episodes you haven't reviewed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    Hope things are going good for you, your blog has always been a very good source of advice on pathfinder, and I hope we'll be able to see more of it ! :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did the Dr.Who season finale break your critic drive? :-o
    Flying Cyber Brigadier was just too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it didn't, and I will get round to more reviews eventually. I had hoped to caught up a bit in December, but I was too exhausted over the break, and now, my second term workload is even heavier than first term. I really hope I can get something new posted over the next couple months, but it's likely to be only one or two reviews at best. My program's done in mid-May though, so don't worry, I WILL be back after that!

      Delete